Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bringing it All Together


Last night we had a great panel discussion with a group of volunteers from different parts of the northeast. The panel consisted of Tiffany Joseph (Homeland Security Senior, Tulane University), Amanda Winfield (Accounting Senior, Dillard University), Joel Ross (Licensed Architect), Nathan Rothstein (Co-founder, Executive Director, NOLA YURP), and myself (Kendrick Pullen Co-founder, Program Director, NOLA YURP). As the panel discussed their experiences in pre and post-Katrina New Orleans, it led to a Q and A series that really made me think about how NOLA YURP is helping bring the synergy to young people who really want to change this city for the better. The panel represented all phases of the recovery effort here in New Orleans. As I looked to my left and right, I saw the future leaders of this city and realized that with leaders like this New Orleans may finally get it right.

No comments: