Save the Date
July 24-25, 2008
Almost three years after Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans is still recovering from a storm that destroyed 80 percent of the city. While many are still struggling, New Orleans has also attracted thousands of young people from diverse backgrounds, who are passionate about rebuilding an American city in a more equitable way. By creating coalitions of talented young people in the private and public sector who work together, New Orleans is engaging urban enthusiasts in the rebuilding process.
While New Orleans has a unique opportunity to build its talent pool, what makes a city a magnet for passionate young people? How can a city engage this talent? And how can a city hold onto these individuals in the future?
We invite you to participate in the Urban Next Summit to help answer these questions. This special opportunity to join the national conversation on cities will take place in a city where young people from diverse backgrounds have been instrumental in the rebuilding process. While exploring a number of city issues together, this gathering will be organized to facilitate meaningful connections between emerging and established leaders.
Conference attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Hear from and meet a number of distinguished speakers and panelists
- Share and learn about innovative strategies for cities
- Participate in discussion forums to inform others on the work happening in cities
- Connect with emerging and established urban leaders from cities across the nation
- Explore New Orleans as an insider
Topics will include:
- Attraction and retention of talent
- Creating a culture of opportunity
- Advocacy for urban enthusiasts
- Idea generation surrounding current urban challenges and opportunities
- Messaging for cities
- Connecting innovators to our cities
About the presenters:
CEOs for Cities is a cross-sector network of urban leaders from the civic, corporate, academic and philanthropic sectors exploring the future and inventing next practices for cities. Find out more at www.ceosforcities.org.
The mission of New Orleans Young Urban Rebuilding Professionals (NOLA YURP) is to create a support network to connect, retain and attract young professionals from diverse backgrounds for a sustainable New Orleans. Find out more at www.nolayurp.org.
If you have any questions please contact me at email@example.com. I look forward to receiving your application.
CEOs for Cities
177 North State Street, Suite 500 - Chicago, IL 60601 - 312.553.4630